My company, The Foodpreneur, works with hundreds of food entrepreneurs to either start a business or take an existing business to the next level. We have a variety of programs, tools and techniques we use and some are very specific to the clients needs. However there are two that we use frequently.
When a new client calls we ask them to provide information that can help us determine if we can help. Once we get this, we have a short video conference call to determine a course of action, budget and when we will start.
So I decided to create two articles that encompass the initial client process and I think you will greatly benefit from both.
Why Do Food Entrepreneurs Fail
Because they are stuck in the kitchen and don't think about the business of food. Here is how we get clients to turn their Passion into "Practical Passion" so they can have a healthy business to be passionate about!
Here are Questions to Ask Before Starting a Food Business. They encompass 3 elements:
- Desirability - Does the consumer really need it?
- Feasability - Can you technically do it?
- Viability - Do you have sufficient startup capital can your business make money
Here are the Critical Questions to Ask before Your Spend Money on Product Launch. These focus on:
- Objectives at 3, 6 and 12 months
- A closer look at business building blocks and their costs
- An outline of questions related to launching a new product
I hope this helps you on your journey from The Kitchen, to the Shelf to the Consumers Plate and drop me an email if you want to chat about how we can help you.